Work on the cowshed – the present-day Le Fenil Gallery – started in 1903 and, due to the slow progress made by the companies involved, was only completed ten years later.
The basement and loft were used for storing all kinds of fodder. All the livestock’s food was taken up to the loft by means of a hoist with a 500-kg capacity, installed in April 1913. The cowshed was divided into two compartments, each accommodating 11 dairy cows. It had a rail running down the middle, along which a cart travelled distributing food or for cleaning operations – a very effective labour-saving system. Dung was removed from the cowshed and carted to the manure pit near the electricity factory, as far away as possible from where the farm’s human and animal occupants lived.