08. Le parfum du chaos magnifique
The smell of the beautiful chaos
published at 17/10/2017
This garden can be explored through a choice of two sensory approaches. Visitors begin by contemplating this mauve scene studded at regular intervals with whitened rods of wood. In this array of plants formed from a multitude of lavender shoots, visitors happen upon two narrow, winding footpaths that seem to draw them to the back of the garden. This silvery foliage carpet dusted with lavender flowers gives off an entrancing fragrance that subtly hypnotises visitors into entering. At which point they set about crossing this magnificent chaos, disorientated by the contrast between the velvety softness of the lavender field and the rectitude of the white rods. At their feet they find feather-light white roses. Their senses are alert. The desire to touch and smell propels visitors along and, at the bottom of the garden, they are rewarded with a secret, hidden-away place where, just for a moment, they decide to stop.
BNC Landscape -Francisco GARAU, Joaquim CANO, Aida LOPEZ, Liza KUNKEL and Xisca GARAU-
From left to right: Francisco Garau, Joaquim Cano, Aida Lopez, Liza Kunkel and Xisca Garau
"BCNlandscape is a multidisciplinary platform of landscapers. We are a young team of architects, environmentalists, graphic designers, artists... with the Landscape as a connecting point between us. Coming from different countries such as Chile, Basque Country, Balearic Islands and Catalunya, now we are all based in Barcelona, working and living an enriching experience in every project we start. As an interdisciplinary team, the diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the opportunity to learn from us, creating debates that aim the better results. We have the experience of learning from others and exchange information by the collaboration with different associations that work around Landscape and specific topics such as Permaculture and Urban Gardens".
- 1st prize in the international competition for the urban development of the main Station in Tainan (2012). Collaborating with Michèle&Miquel landscape architects.
- 1st prize in the international competition for Portes de Collserola, porta 1, Barcelona (2012). Collaborating with LEA Atelier
- Honorable Mention in the international competition for Portes de Collserola, porta 8, Barcelona (2012). Collaborating with Ioanna Spanou
- 2nd prize in the competition for the urban development of Ramassiers, Toulouse. Collaborating with Jornet LLop Pastor Arquitectes. Barcelona (2012)
- 1st in the ideas competition for the garden in Museo Provincial de Lugo (2011). Collaborating with TALL architects
- 1st in the competition of Public Housing in Santa Eugènia, Mallorca (2006)